Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What I'm Reading Wednesday

HEY! I'm here! I missed a post on Monday but I had a sick husband at home and it was my kid's birthday, so I'm definitely giving myself a pass this week. But I hope to start posting Manic Mondays on Monday ;p

On to today's topic! Obviously, not as many books as last week as only seven days have gone by. I did not read as much as I thought I would have. I think mostly because the weekend was busy with birthday stuff and frankly, Champion, although massively entertaining was not necessarily an easy read.

So the list:

Champion by Marie Lu, the final part in the Legend Trilogy. I did finish it and although it was not an "easy" read, it was still really enjoyable and without spoiling I will say the ending was satisfying. No Deus Ex Machina, no super fast fix it, there was some angst, but overall it was a satisfying ending.

Then I started the THIRDS series by Charlie Cochet. Read the first two - Hell & High Water and Blood & Thunder. I stopped after the second one because I know book three has a MASSIVE cliffie and book four hasn't been released yet. And given my propensity to HATE CLIFFHANGERS or anything that puts one of the MCs in danger or their relationship in permanent danger (both of which are big NOPEs for me), I will probably wait until my friend *coughButtoncough* has read book 4 and pre-screened it for me :D A quick note about the series - it's very fast-paced, the sex is HOT and the world-building is A+++++. THIRDS is a multi-person taskforce/team made up of humans and Therians (genetically mutated/evolved humans that can shift into animals) and boiled down to the lowest common denominator - think of them as SWAT or a SEAL team on US soil.

Finally, I'm in the middle of When Love Flue In by Lillian Francis. Because frankly, I needed something a bit slower and with more romance LOL. More on this next week when I finish but for now? It's definitely A+++++

And that's what I'm reading so far!

Have a great Wednesday.

<333
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment